Just eighteen when he first began working in the cafeteria at the University of La Verne, Eduardo “Eddie” Briones has done it all, from mopping the floors to prepping and serving food. Today, after twelve years of service, he is the university’s Catering Captain, and shares his passion of preparing food for students with his mother, brother, and two sisters — all of whom have worked alongside him in the cafeteria. Check out the video below to learn more about Eddie and, in the coming weeks, stay tuned for profiles of other Bon Appétit workers who are leading the way toward a more sustainable future.
- MT @UNITEHERE26 Cafeteria workers at 3 #Boston #Fenway area colleges have voted in their 1st Union Contract! #1u http://t.co/PDKvfWOPfA 10:11:59 AM August 13, 2014 from TweetDeck ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @realfoodnow: Check it out! MT @meeshellchen Workers Fight for #Union, Racial Justice at #Baltimore Airport http://t.co/LumVpqSnqk #soli… 04:17:59 PM August 08, 2014 from TweetDeck ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @BhavTibrewal: More on @AIRMALLUSA program @ @BWI_Airport: Labor union, @NAACP allege racial disparity in airport jobs http://t.co/fZBFa… 02:38:14 PM August 07, 2014 from TweetDeck ReplyRetweetFavorite
- MT @BhavTibrewal: .@AIRMALLUSA sold for the 2nd time to a new parent co, amidst major labor dispute. http://t.co/ndBJnMulcd 01:05:05 PM August 04, 2014 from TweetDeck ReplyRetweetFavorite
- MT @Culinary226: Union members support workers fighting to save good jobs at Market Basket: http://t.co/Y8pmTV6BkU #SaveMarketBasket #1u #p2 11:05:30 AM August 04, 2014 from TweetDeck ReplyRetweetFavorite
- How does #bmore's black community bear the burden of low-quality food jobs @BWI_Airport? http://t.co/xO3GyuiGIH http://t.co/OVPaE54BeA 11:13:56 AM July 29, 2014 from TweetDeck ReplyRetweetFavorite
national allies philadelphia chicago public schools philly fast real food challenge local 217 american university food day lets cook restaurant opportunities center new haven bon appetit local 1 local 11 washington dc ORD coalition of immokalee workers pomona college los angeles local 23 chicago university of la verne food justice sodexo boston