Just eighteen when he first began working in the cafeteria at the University of La Verne, Eduardo “Eddie” Briones has done it all, from mopping the floors to prepping and serving food. Today, after twelve years of service, he is the university’s Catering Captain, and shares his passion of preparing food for students with his mother, brother, and two sisters — all of whom have worked alongside him in the cafeteria. Check out the video below to learn more about Eddie and, in the coming weeks, stay tuned for profiles of other Bon Appétit workers who are leading the way toward a more sustainable future.
- RT @paopao619: Still loving my @RealFoodandJobs wooden spoon. Making mashed Okinawan sweet potatoes http://t.co/HQ79oj8i4R about 9 hours ago from TweetDeck ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @AirportSM Today in Airport SM: Port Authority board votes to raise pay for airport workers - New York Daily News http://t.co/wxrmD6IMs2 04:02:17 PM April 23, 2014 from TweetDeck ReplyRetweetFavorite
- MT @MehtaGoesMeta NY & NJ @UNITEHERE Local 100 airport concession & catering workers getting ready for @PANYNJ mtg http://t.co/tpwVp99o1J 12:26:25 PM April 23, 2014 from TweetDeck ReplyRetweetFavorite
- "if your employer won’t listen, take your cause to the Internet." via @jwjnational http://t.co/VdLHttBuEv 07:23:24 PM April 21, 2014 from TweetDeck ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @gardengn0me Sign the petition from @TomColicchio & @FPAction: Tell Congress not to block state #GMO labeling laws http://t.co/T8KsBg2VJ5 04:03:23 PM April 21, 2014 from TweetDeck ReplyRetweetFavorite
food day ORD philly fast national allies new haven local 1 washington dc food justice local 11 real food challenge restaurant opportunities center bon appetit boston los angeles philadelphia local 217 chicago chicago public schools local 23 lets cook pomona college sodexo coalition of immokalee workers university of la verne american university