Just eighteen when he first began working in the cafeteria at the University of La Verne, Eduardo “Eddie” Briones has done it all, from mopping the floors to prepping and serving food. Today, after twelve years of service, he is the university’s Catering Captain, and shares his passion of preparing food for students with his mother, brother, and two sisters — all of whom have worked alongside him in the cafeteria. Check out the video below to learn more about Eddie and, in the coming weeks, stay tuned for profiles of other Bon Appétit workers who are leading the way toward a more sustainable future.
- We'll be there! MT @ciw Join the #FoodDayChat Oct 24 @ 12ET to discuss farmworkers #humanrights w/ us & @FoodChainsFilm 03:12:03 PM October 17, 2014 from TweetDeck ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Like the idea of @FairFoodProgram label? Click http://t.co/SHanPQy9si to hit @FoodChainsFilm 100-person Thunderclap goal @ciw 11:36:56 AM October 17, 2014 from TweetDeck ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @supplychaindave: Shocking to hear airline food is a major security concern. Who knew the airlines still served meals? http://t.co/iav3F… 01:02:31 PM September 10, 2014 from TweetDeck ReplyRetweetFavorite
- MT @realfoodnow "Workers feel brunt of a race to the bottom - fm Big Macs to organic carrots." http://t.co/VLAUnDMYnm 10:30:32 AM August 25, 2014 from TweetDeck ReplyRetweetFavorite
- MT @UNITEHERE26 Cafeteria workers at 3 #Boston #Fenway area colleges have voted in their 1st Union Contract! #1u http://t.co/PDKvfWOPfA 10:11:59 AM August 13, 2014 from TweetDeck ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @realfoodnow: Check it out! MT @meeshellchen Workers Fight for #Union, Racial Justice at #Baltimore Airport http://t.co/LumVpqSnqk #soli… 04:17:59 PM August 08, 2014 from TweetDeck ReplyRetweetFavorite
philly fast local 1 boston restaurant opportunities center bon appetit washington dc local 11 food day pomona college philadelphia university of la verne los angeles local 23 food justice lets cook ORD real food challenge sodexo chicago public schools chicago coalition of immokalee workers new haven american university national allies local 217