Just eighteen when he first began working in the cafeteria at the University of La Verne, Eduardo “Eddie” Briones has done it all, from mopping the floors to prepping and serving food. Today, after twelve years of service, he is the university’s Catering Captain, and shares his passion of preparing food for students with his mother, brother, and two sisters — all of whom have worked alongside him in the cafeteria. Check out the video below to learn more about Eddie and, in the coming weeks, stay tuned for profiles of other Bon Appétit workers who are leading the way toward a more sustainable future.
- RT @supplychaindave: Shocking to hear airline food is a major security concern. Who knew the airlines still served meals? http://t.co/iav3F… 01:02:31 PM September 10, 2014 from TweetDeck ReplyRetweetFavorite
- MT @realfoodnow "Workers feel brunt of a race to the bottom - fm Big Macs to organic carrots." http://t.co/VLAUnDMYnm 10:30:32 AM August 25, 2014 from TweetDeck ReplyRetweetFavorite
- MT @UNITEHERE26 Cafeteria workers at 3 #Boston #Fenway area colleges have voted in their 1st Union Contract! #1u http://t.co/PDKvfWOPfA 10:11:59 AM August 13, 2014 from TweetDeck ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @realfoodnow: Check it out! MT @meeshellchen Workers Fight for #Union, Racial Justice at #Baltimore Airport http://t.co/LumVpqSnqk #soli… 04:17:59 PM August 08, 2014 from TweetDeck ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @BhavTibrewal: More on @AIRMALLUSA program @ @BWI_Airport: Labor union, @NAACP allege racial disparity in airport jobs http://t.co/fZBFa… 02:38:14 PM August 07, 2014 from TweetDeck ReplyRetweetFavorite
- MT @BhavTibrewal: .@AIRMALLUSA sold for the 2nd time to a new parent co, amidst major labor dispute. http://t.co/ndBJnMulcd 01:05:05 PM August 04, 2014 from TweetDeck ReplyRetweetFavorite
ORD philly fast local 11 bon appetit philadelphia local 23 food day new haven american university national allies local 217 lets cook food justice boston real food challenge washington dc coalition of immokalee workers chicago public schools restaurant opportunities center university of la verne local 1 pomona college los angeles chicago sodexo