Just eighteen when he first began working in the cafeteria at the University of La Verne, Eduardo “Eddie” Briones has done it all, from mopping the floors to prepping and serving food. Today, after twelve years of service, he is the university’s Catering Captain, and shares his passion of preparing food for students with his mother, brother, and two sisters — all of whom have worked alongside him in the cafeteria. Check out the video below to learn more about Eddie and, in the coming weeks, stay tuned for profiles of other Bon Appétit workers who are leading the way toward a more sustainable future.
- RT @tiffanyten: Local 47 @unitehere in Alberta has a super sweet food struck #uh2014 #1u #canlab http://t.co/0xxIrGujxo 10:37:11 AM July 01, 2014 from TweetDeck ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @unitehere: HUGE: #Boston Mayor @marty_walsh pledges to sign #TrustAct when it hits his desk http://t.co/QBPGXjsnMq #uh2014 #1u #bospoli… 09:21:33 AM June 25, 2014 from Twitter for Windows Phone ReplyRetweetFavorite
- MT @JoshViertel: @AliceWaters in Time...must "establish a nutritious, sustainable, free school-lunch program for all" http://t.co/ueUiM4njgZ 09:39:19 AM June 17, 2014 from TweetDeck ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @unitehere: .@ciw on its #FairFood Program protecting #humanrights in corporate supply chain http://t.co/nHvLX2oBLt #p2 via @talkpoverty 12:48:27 PM June 07, 2014 from TweetDeck ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @UNITEHERE30: Support the Workers at #SSPAmerica at #SanDiegoAirport #FairContract #WorkersOrganize http://t.co/r6iuisUQGn 09:18:48 AM June 06, 2014 from TweetDeck ReplyRetweetFavorite
national allies chicago public schools bon appetit ORD pomona college philly fast new haven food justice food day local 11 local 23 chicago local 217 lets cook washington dc restaurant opportunities center local 1 philadelphia american university los angeles university of la verne boston coalition of immokalee workers real food challenge sodexo