Just eighteen when he first began working in the cafeteria at the University of La Verne, Eduardo “Eddie” Briones has done it all, from mopping the floors to prepping and serving food. Today, after twelve years of service, he is the university’s Catering Captain, and shares his passion of preparing food for students with his mother, brother, and two sisters — all of whom have worked alongside him in the cafeteria. Check out the video below to learn more about Eddie and, in the coming weeks, stay tuned for profiles of other Bon Appétit workers who are leading the way toward a more sustainable future.
- Why won’t #FlyingFoods pay its workers at #LAX the #LA Living Wage? Sign the petition! http://t.co/JfdlMypS7r http://t.co/lD549fW7KD 10:38:52 AM April 28, 2015 from TweetDeck ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @BrianSumers: You paid $10,000 to fly first class to Tokyo. Ever wonder who cooks your food? @LATstevelopez has the answer. http://t.co/… 02:28:19 PM April 20, 2015 from TweetDeck ReplyRetweetFavorite
- The workers who make fancy snacks for 1st-class passengers at #LAX are getting robbed by their bosses @thinkprogress http://t.co/k7d0JtklRy 11:14:37 AM March 23, 2015 from TweetDeck ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Airline Food Workers Arrested In 'Nickel a Ticket’ Protest! via @vicenews #1u https://t.co/T6lDpTpy3E http://t.co/SpKsUKyAJT 09:08:00 PM February 26, 2015 from TweetDeck ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @UniteHerelocal1: Airport caterers' labor campaign takes off via @AJAM http://t.co/3nzZoCKPCh @unitehere 11:25:51 AM February 22, 2015 from TweetDeck ReplyRetweetFavorite
- A server was fired after 10 yrs… for losing a coupon? Sign the petition calling on @olivegarden to #rehireCourtnee http://t.co/lx4bRWac7n 10:12:25 AM January 09, 2015 from TweetDeck ReplyRetweetFavorite
los angeles pomona college national allies chicago public schools lets cook coalition of immokalee workers university of la verne philly fast ORD food day local 1 local 23 sodexo chicago restaurant opportunities center local 11 washington dc boston philadelphia real food challenge bon appetit new haven food justice local 217 american university