Just eighteen when he first began working in the cafeteria at the University of La Verne, Eduardo “Eddie” Briones has done it all, from mopping the floors to prepping and serving food. Today, after twelve years of service, he is the university’s Catering Captain, and shares his passion of preparing food for students with his mother, brother, and two sisters — all of whom have worked alongside him in the cafeteria. Check out the video below to learn more about Eddie and, in the coming weeks, stay tuned for profiles of other Bon Appétit workers who are leading the way toward a more sustainable future.
- RT @Culinary226: These 16 facts will change the way you feel about the restaurant industry: http://t.co/9RVtrLL0oI @rocunited @BuzzFeedFood 09:29:39 PM April 16, 2014 from TweetDeck ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @DelMonteFresh: @RealFoodandJobs Thanks for sharing! It's @delmontefresh! 01:28:50 PM April 14, 2014 from TweetDeck ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Major tomato grower @Delmonte becomes latest to join @ciw's #FairFoodProgram http://t.co/A7riY7dCJY 10:43:10 AM April 14, 2014 from TweetDeck ReplyRetweetFavorite
- MT @eastvanhalen Solidarity with the @UniteHere40 concession workers who have been fired w/o cause by the #Canucks http://t.co/qsfIG5UYDw 09:04:10 AM April 14, 2014 from TweetDeck ReplyRetweetFavorite
- .@WBEZ's @monicaeng to @ChiPubSchools: what's in your "food-like nubbins?" #schoolfood http://t.co/Rf3iIPkqhU 07:51:10 AM April 14, 2014 from TweetDeck ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @Culinary226 Respect the workers who make your food/mix your drinks. Please do not cross picket lines @BinionsLV http://t.co/7R6puE6n4T 09:47:43 AM April 13, 2014 from TweetDeck ReplyRetweetFavorite
bon appetit local 217 local 11 coalition of immokalee workers pomona college philadelphia los angeles real food challenge local 23 restaurant opportunities center chicago public schools boston lets cook local 1 chicago washington dc sodexo american university university of la verne food justice ORD national allies philly fast food day new haven