Born and raised in our nation’s capital, Carmen McRae has worked in the cafeteria at American University for 25 years. With a passion for real food and a love for the university’s students, she proudly cooks and serves thousands of sandwiches and salads every day. Watch the video to see more of Carmen’s story, and in the coming weeks, stay tuned for profiles of other Bon Appetit workers who are leading the way toward a more sustainable future.
- RT @LivingGoddess: Q3: Create land access to produce food, stop assuming people are uneducated about food and pay everyone a fair wage. #Fo… 12:38:27 PM October 24, 2014 from TweetDeck ReplyRetweetFavorite
- .@unitehere member Victor Nuñez puts food on planes at #JFK. His concerns over protection from #Ebola http://t.co/JKaMlF81tV #FoodDayChat 12:22:27 PM October 24, 2014 from TweetDeck ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Food workers are EVERYWHERE! Airports, universities, hospitals, sports stadiums. They even put the food on your airplanes. #FoodDayChat 12:02:03 PM October 24, 2014 from TweetDeck ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @FoodDay2014: What a great first hour of discussion to kick off the 5-hour #FoodDayChat! 12:00:45 PM October 24, 2014 from TweetDeck ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @SarahMoranRDN: A4: Respect. People who produce our food are vital to our survival, yet are often treated like 2nd class #FoodDayChat 11:51:08 AM October 24, 2014 from TweetDeck ReplyRetweetFavorite
chicago public schools ORD local 1 national allies philly fast university of la verne american university food day local 11 philadelphia boston bon appetit lets cook real food challenge sodexo local 23 washington dc los angeles coalition of immokalee workers restaurant opportunities center food justice pomona college new haven chicago local 217