Born and raised in our nation’s capital, Carmen McRae has worked in the cafeteria at American University for 25 years. With a passion for real food and a love for the university’s students, she proudly cooks and serves thousands of sandwiches and salads every day. Watch the video to see more of Carmen’s story, and in the coming weeks, stay tuned for profiles of other Bon Appetit workers who are leading the way toward a more sustainable future.
- MT @UNITEHERE26 Cafeteria workers at 3 #Boston #Fenway area colleges have voted in their 1st Union Contract! #1u http://t.co/PDKvfWOPfA 10:11:59 AM August 13, 2014 from TweetDeck ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @realfoodnow: Check it out! MT @meeshellchen Workers Fight for #Union, Racial Justice at #Baltimore Airport http://t.co/LumVpqSnqk #soli… 04:17:59 PM August 08, 2014 from TweetDeck ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @BhavTibrewal: More on @AIRMALLUSA program @ @BWI_Airport: Labor union, @NAACP allege racial disparity in airport jobs http://t.co/fZBFa… 02:38:14 PM August 07, 2014 from TweetDeck ReplyRetweetFavorite
- MT @BhavTibrewal: .@AIRMALLUSA sold for the 2nd time to a new parent co, amidst major labor dispute. http://t.co/ndBJnMulcd 01:05:05 PM August 04, 2014 from TweetDeck ReplyRetweetFavorite
- MT @Culinary226: Union members support workers fighting to save good jobs at Market Basket: http://t.co/Y8pmTV6BkU #SaveMarketBasket #1u #p2 11:05:30 AM August 04, 2014 from TweetDeck ReplyRetweetFavorite
- How does #bmore's black community bear the burden of low-quality food jobs @BWI_Airport? http://t.co/xO3GyuiGIH http://t.co/OVPaE54BeA 11:13:56 AM July 29, 2014 from TweetDeck ReplyRetweetFavorite
philly fast local 11 boston new haven local 217 food justice pomona college real food challenge national allies coalition of immokalee workers ORD lets cook philadelphia local 23 local 1 sodexo washington dc american university chicago public schools university of la verne bon appetit los angeles restaurant opportunities center chicago food day