Born and raised in our nation’s capital, Carmen McRae has worked in the cafeteria at American University for 25 years. With a passion for real food and a love for the university’s students, she proudly cooks and serves thousands of sandwiches and salads every day. Watch the video to see more of Carmen’s story, and in the coming weeks, stay tuned for profiles of other Bon Appetit workers who are leading the way toward a more sustainable future.
- Have fewer inflight food options led to "The Golden Age of Airport Restaurants"? @tmagazine http://t.co/OfTejQhqfl 08:45:18 AM November 03, 2014 from TweetDeck ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @LivingGoddess: Q3: Create land access to produce food, stop assuming people are uneducated about food and pay everyone a fair wage. #Fo… 11:38:27 AM October 24, 2014 from TweetDeck ReplyRetweetFavorite
- .@unitehere member Victor Nuñez puts food on planes at #JFK. His concerns over protection from #Ebola http://t.co/JKaMlF81tV #FoodDayChat 11:22:27 AM October 24, 2014 from TweetDeck ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Food workers are EVERYWHERE! Airports, universities, hospitals, sports stadiums. They even put the food on your airplanes. #FoodDayChat 11:02:03 AM October 24, 2014 from TweetDeck ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @FoodDay2014: What a great first hour of discussion to kick off the 5-hour #FoodDayChat! 11:00:45 AM October 24, 2014 from TweetDeck ReplyRetweetFavorite
bon appetit university of la verne pomona college chicago ORD philadelphia new haven local 11 local 217 washington dc philly fast local 1 national allies coalition of immokalee workers chicago public schools american university real food challenge food justice sodexo boston restaurant opportunities center los angeles food day lets cook local 23