Born and raised in our nation’s capital, Carmen McRae has worked in the cafeteria at American University for 25 years. With a passion for real food and a love for the university’s students, she proudly cooks and serves thousands of sandwiches and salads every day. Watch the video to see more of Carmen’s story, and in the coming weeks, stay tuned for profiles of other Bon Appetit workers who are leading the way toward a more sustainable future.
- RT @tiffanyten: Local 47 @unitehere in Alberta has a super sweet food struck #uh2014 #1u #canlab http://t.co/0xxIrGujxo 10:37:11 AM July 01, 2014 from TweetDeck ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @unitehere: HUGE: #Boston Mayor @marty_walsh pledges to sign #TrustAct when it hits his desk http://t.co/QBPGXjsnMq #uh2014 #1u #bospoli… 09:21:33 AM June 25, 2014 from Twitter for Windows Phone ReplyRetweetFavorite
- MT @JoshViertel: @AliceWaters in Time...must "establish a nutritious, sustainable, free school-lunch program for all" http://t.co/ueUiM4njgZ 09:39:19 AM June 17, 2014 from TweetDeck ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @unitehere: .@ciw on its #FairFood Program protecting #humanrights in corporate supply chain http://t.co/nHvLX2oBLt #p2 via @talkpoverty 12:48:27 PM June 07, 2014 from TweetDeck ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @UNITEHERE30: Support the Workers at #SSPAmerica at #SanDiegoAirport #FairContract #WorkersOrganize http://t.co/r6iuisUQGn 09:18:48 AM June 06, 2014 from TweetDeck ReplyRetweetFavorite
new haven bon appetit chicago public schools philadelphia real food challenge restaurant opportunities center food day food justice local 23 philly fast los angeles american university lets cook national allies local 217 university of la verne washington dc ORD coalition of immokalee workers boston chicago local 11 local 1 pomona college sodexo