Born and raised in our nation’s capital, Carmen McRae has worked in the cafeteria at American University for 25 years. With a passion for real food and a love for the university’s students, she proudly cooks and serves thousands of sandwiches and salads every day. Watch the video to see more of Carmen’s story, and in the coming weeks, stay tuned for profiles of other Bon Appetit workers who are leading the way toward a more sustainable future.
- RT @AirportSM Today in Airport SM: Port Authority board votes to raise pay for airport workers - New York Daily News http://t.co/wxrmD6IMs2 about 8 hours ago from TweetDeck ReplyRetweetFavorite
- MT @MehtaGoesMeta NY & NJ @UNITEHERE Local 100 airport concession & catering workers getting ready for @PANYNJ mtg http://t.co/tpwVp99o1J about 12 hours ago from TweetDeck ReplyRetweetFavorite
- "if your employer won’t listen, take your cause to the Internet." via @jwjnational http://t.co/VdLHttBuEv 07:23:24 PM April 21, 2014 from TweetDeck ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @gardengn0me Sign the petition from @TomColicchio & @FPAction: Tell Congress not to block state #GMO labeling laws http://t.co/T8KsBg2VJ5 04:03:23 PM April 21, 2014 from TweetDeck ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @HarvestPM: Can Wal-Mart really make organic food cheap for everyone? From @NPRFood http://t.co/xkU2Pm5Oyu 01:37:23 PM April 21, 2014 from TweetDeck ReplyRetweetFavorite
los angeles philly fast sodexo pomona college ORD coalition of immokalee workers lets cook real food challenge restaurant opportunities center local 23 local 11 american university bon appetit national allies boston philadelphia new haven local 1 food justice chicago public schools university of la verne food day chicago washington dc local 217