Born and raised in our nation’s capital, Carmen McRae has worked in the cafeteria at American University for 25 years. With a passion for real food and a love for the university’s students, she proudly cooks and serves thousands of sandwiches and salads every day. Watch the video to see more of Carmen’s story, and in the coming weeks, stay tuned for profiles of other Bon Appetit workers who are leading the way toward a more sustainable future.
- Why won’t #FlyingFoods pay its workers at #LAX the #LA Living Wage? Sign the petition! http://t.co/JfdlMypS7r http://t.co/lD549fW7KD 10:38:52 AM April 28, 2015 from TweetDeck ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @BrianSumers: You paid $10,000 to fly first class to Tokyo. Ever wonder who cooks your food? @LATstevelopez has the answer. http://t.co/… 02:28:19 PM April 20, 2015 from TweetDeck ReplyRetweetFavorite
- The workers who make fancy snacks for 1st-class passengers at #LAX are getting robbed by their bosses @thinkprogress http://t.co/k7d0JtklRy 11:14:37 AM March 23, 2015 from TweetDeck ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Airline Food Workers Arrested In 'Nickel a Ticket’ Protest! via @vicenews #1u https://t.co/T6lDpTpy3E http://t.co/SpKsUKyAJT 09:08:00 PM February 26, 2015 from TweetDeck ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @UniteHerelocal1: Airport caterers' labor campaign takes off via @AJAM http://t.co/3nzZoCKPCh @unitehere 11:25:51 AM February 22, 2015 from TweetDeck ReplyRetweetFavorite
- A server was fired after 10 yrs… for losing a coupon? Sign the petition calling on @olivegarden to #rehireCourtnee http://t.co/lx4bRWac7n 10:12:25 AM January 09, 2015 from TweetDeck ReplyRetweetFavorite
chicago public schools chicago los angeles local 11 national allies local 1 ORD restaurant opportunities center american university food day pomona college philly fast coalition of immokalee workers washington dc food justice philadelphia local 217 university of la verne new haven real food challenge sodexo lets cook bon appetit local 23 boston