Born and raised in our nation’s capital, Carmen McRae has worked in the cafeteria at American University for 25 years. With a passion for real food and a love for the university’s students, she proudly cooks and serves thousands of sandwiches and salads every day. Watch the video to see more of Carmen’s story, and in the coming weeks, stay tuned for profiles of other Bon Appetit workers who are leading the way toward a more sustainable future.
- We'll be there! MT @ciw Join the #FoodDayChat Oct 24 @ 12ET to discuss farmworkers #humanrights w/ us & @FoodChainsFilm 03:12:03 PM October 17, 2014 from TweetDeck ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Like the idea of @FairFoodProgram label? Click http://t.co/SHanPQy9si to hit @FoodChainsFilm 100-person Thunderclap goal @ciw 11:36:56 AM October 17, 2014 from TweetDeck ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @supplychaindave: Shocking to hear airline food is a major security concern. Who knew the airlines still served meals? http://t.co/iav3F… 01:02:31 PM September 10, 2014 from TweetDeck ReplyRetweetFavorite
- MT @realfoodnow "Workers feel brunt of a race to the bottom - fm Big Macs to organic carrots." http://t.co/VLAUnDMYnm 10:30:32 AM August 25, 2014 from TweetDeck ReplyRetweetFavorite
- MT @UNITEHERE26 Cafeteria workers at 3 #Boston #Fenway area colleges have voted in their 1st Union Contract! #1u http://t.co/PDKvfWOPfA 10:11:59 AM August 13, 2014 from TweetDeck ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @realfoodnow: Check it out! MT @meeshellchen Workers Fight for #Union, Racial Justice at #Baltimore Airport http://t.co/LumVpqSnqk #soli… 04:17:59 PM August 08, 2014 from TweetDeck ReplyRetweetFavorite
local 1 philly fast ORD local 23 food day lets cook university of la verne national allies bon appetit washington dc real food challenge food justice local 11 new haven pomona college coalition of immokalee workers sodexo chicago chicago public schools american university philadelphia local 217 los angeles boston restaurant opportunities center