Born and raised in our nation’s capital, Carmen McRae has worked in the cafeteria at American University for 25 years. With a passion for real food and a love for the university’s students, she proudly cooks and serves thousands of sandwiches and salads every day. Watch the video to see more of Carmen’s story, and in the coming weeks, stay tuned for profiles of other Bon Appetit workers who are leading the way toward a more sustainable future.
- RT @Culinary226: These 16 facts will change the way you feel about the restaurant industry: http://t.co/9RVtrLL0oI @rocunited @BuzzFeedFood 09:29:39 PM April 16, 2014 from TweetDeck ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @DelMonteFresh: @RealFoodandJobs Thanks for sharing! It's @delmontefresh! 01:28:50 PM April 14, 2014 from TweetDeck ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Major tomato grower @Delmonte becomes latest to join @ciw's #FairFoodProgram http://t.co/A7riY7dCJY 10:43:10 AM April 14, 2014 from TweetDeck ReplyRetweetFavorite
- MT @eastvanhalen Solidarity with the @UniteHere40 concession workers who have been fired w/o cause by the #Canucks http://t.co/qsfIG5UYDw 09:04:10 AM April 14, 2014 from TweetDeck ReplyRetweetFavorite
- .@WBEZ's @monicaeng to @ChiPubSchools: what's in your "food-like nubbins?" #schoolfood http://t.co/Rf3iIPkqhU 07:51:10 AM April 14, 2014 from TweetDeck ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @Culinary226 Respect the workers who make your food/mix your drinks. Please do not cross picket lines @BinionsLV http://t.co/7R6puE6n4T 09:47:43 AM April 13, 2014 from TweetDeck ReplyRetweetFavorite
local 217 chicago lets cook university of la verne local 23 ORD washington dc bon appetit philadelphia boston los angeles sodexo local 1 local 11 new haven restaurant opportunities center real food challenge american university coalition of immokalee workers food day national allies pomona college philly fast food justice chicago public schools