Born and raised in our nation’s capital, Carmen McRae has worked in the cafeteria at American University for 25 years. With a passion for real food and a love for the university’s students, she proudly cooks and serves thousands of sandwiches and salads every day. Watch the video to see more of Carmen’s story, and in the coming weeks, stay tuned for profiles of other Bon Appetit workers who are leading the way toward a more sustainable future.
- RT @supplychaindave: Shocking to hear airline food is a major security concern. Who knew the airlines still served meals? http://t.co/iav3F… 01:02:31 PM September 10, 2014 from TweetDeck ReplyRetweetFavorite
- MT @realfoodnow "Workers feel brunt of a race to the bottom - fm Big Macs to organic carrots." http://t.co/VLAUnDMYnm 10:30:32 AM August 25, 2014 from TweetDeck ReplyRetweetFavorite
- MT @UNITEHERE26 Cafeteria workers at 3 #Boston #Fenway area colleges have voted in their 1st Union Contract! #1u http://t.co/PDKvfWOPfA 10:11:59 AM August 13, 2014 from TweetDeck ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @realfoodnow: Check it out! MT @meeshellchen Workers Fight for #Union, Racial Justice at #Baltimore Airport http://t.co/LumVpqSnqk #soli… 04:17:59 PM August 08, 2014 from TweetDeck ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @BhavTibrewal: More on @AIRMALLUSA program @ @BWI_Airport: Labor union, @NAACP allege racial disparity in airport jobs http://t.co/fZBFa… 02:38:14 PM August 07, 2014 from TweetDeck ReplyRetweetFavorite
- MT @BhavTibrewal: .@AIRMALLUSA sold for the 2nd time to a new parent co, amidst major labor dispute. http://t.co/ndBJnMulcd 01:05:05 PM August 04, 2014 from TweetDeck ReplyRetweetFavorite
philly fast local 217 american university sodexo lets cook los angeles bon appetit national allies food day local 11 washington dc ORD boston chicago public schools food justice philadelphia new haven real food challenge pomona college chicago university of la verne restaurant opportunities center local 23 coalition of immokalee workers local 1